|Archived What's New|
29 Jun 14 - Added 2014 Nationals NOR.
22 Jun 14 - Posted Des Plaines NOR.
18 Jun 14 - Rebel 3444 is for sale.
1 May 14 - The May Rabble is now available. Thanks Bruce.
24 Mar 14 - Dave Nichols got snowed in and made an improved line drawing shown on the left. Thanks Dave. Notice it is now green.
22 Mar 14 - Rebel 4014 is for sale. See photos and info on the Buy/Sell page.
13 Mar 14 - Various updates.
30 Nov 13 - Add the photo below from the Grand Rapids regatta last summer. Thanks to Mary Vorel for the names.
27 Nov 13 - Found this video on uTube.
24 Mar 13 - Here is the March Rabble.
12 Feb 13 - The latest enews from Bruce is below. He has important information on succession planning, regatta schedules, and promotion of our class.
4 Jan 13 - Updated information, forms, contacts, & links for 2013.
11 Dec 12 - The Buy/Sell page has been updated.
25 Nov 12 - The latest enews from Bruce has important information about 2013 Nationals. Bruce also discusses the summer full of regattas and how to incorporate the Collegiate Challenge into the schedule.
5 Nov 12 - Bruce Nowak did the November Rabble all in pictures. It is spectacular. Thanks to Bruce for his extra work doing this.
4 Nov 12 - A video of the 1992 Rebel Nationals at Lake Springfield, IL by Lud Fromme is now available on line. About 12 minutes.
27 Oct 12 - Clarence Metzger found this video done by a TV station filming the 1979 Rebel Nationals in Dallas. 12 minutes long.
19 Sept 12 - Scott Wright shows us how to do a single handed stepping of the mast. Many of you have been asking for this.
14 July 12 - 2012 National Race Results are in.
13 Jun 12 - Bruce just updated the e news below.
7 Jun 12 - Bruce & Sharon did a fun video of the Bayview One Design regatta.
24 May 12 - Check out the latest news from Bruce.
6 May 12 - A major rewrite of Mark Quiniff's article on Rebel models is now available.
3 May 12 - Bruce updates this summers events. Check them out.
23 Apr 12 - See e-news from Bruce. This is a good summary of this summer's events.
14 Apr 12 - John Vanden Brink's Rebel 4196 is for sale. See the Buy/Sell page.
11 Apr 12 - Rebel wanted ad to the Buy/Sell page.
4 Apr 12 - The April issue of the Rebel Rabble is now on line. It has all the information about this summers Nationals that you need.
25 Mar 12 - Dave Nickels shows us how to put a split bridle on a Mark IV.
15 Mar 12 - Check out the new update from Bruce.
27 Feb 12 - Latest e-news from Bruce. A summary of important dates.
14 Feb 12 - Revised Rebel parts ad from Hank.
22 Jan 12 - Bruce Nowak sends his latest enews. He has some interesting proposals.
2 Dec 11 - Posted the passing of Lee Nowak.
6 Nov 11 - The Buy/Sell page has the new Hodgson ad.
5 Sept 11 - The Buy/Sell page is updated with the Vermont Sailing ad and the Hank Hodgson ad.
5 Sept 11 - Posted the last three Rabbles on the Newsletter page. Included is the Sept Rabble which covers the 2011 Nationals.
28 July 11 - Here is the latest e-news from Bruce.
27 July 11 - The NOR for the Des Plaines regatta on 30/31 July is available.
11 July 11 - Started posting results of the Nationals.
6 July 11 - Updated Nationals information.
21 Jun 11 - The dues form has been updated.
20 Jun 11 - Updated Buy/Sell page
6 May 11 - Added a link to the National Sailing Hall of Fame.
19 Apr 11 - Updated Buy/Sell page.
25 Mar 11 - Rebel 4170 ad posted.
5 Mar 11 - Updated Events page.
12 Feb 11 - Sails needed ad posted on the Buy/Sell page.
5 Feb 11 - See the latest enews from Bruce below.
26 Jan 11 - Updated the Events page with regatta info we have to date.
3 Sept 10 - Al Schonborn has completed the 2010 Nationals in pics on the Photos page. Mark & Jim Quiniff have updated & added photos to the History of Rebel Versions over the Years. This document will help us identify our boats & shows the evolution over the years. Thanks to Mark & Jim.
8 May 10 - Our Rabble editor, Bruce Nowak has posted a new Sailing News below.
Used sails are always wanted. Members can advertize for free in the Rabble and the on the web site.
28 Mar 10 - Added patches and decals to the Buy/Sell page. Take a look, they are great.
18 Mar 10 - New ads on the Buy/Sell page. Check out the new North Sails ad.
7 Mar 10 - Bruce has news from the Spring Meeting below.
6 Mar 10 - The schedule for the 2010 Nationals and several regattas have been updated on the Events page.
22 Feb 10 - Bruce posts the latest e-news.
4 Feb 10 - Removed Racing Rules Forum.
5 Jan 10 - Bruce sends the latest e-news.
26 Dec 09 - Des Plaines photo added below.
15 Dec 09 - Updated Join the NRCA form.
5 Oct 09 - Latest e-news from Bruce.
5 Sept 09 - The Sept Rabble is out. Bruce did a great job with the photos on this issue.
3 Sept 09 - Bruce sends his latest e-news.
30 July 09 - Get the NOR for the DPYC Rebel Invitational here.
14 July 09 - The results of the 2009 Junior Nationals are posted. Congratulations to winners Gage Hudak & Anthony Rinehart.
5 July 09 - The July Rabble is ready to view.
30 Jun 09 - 2009 Junior Nationals form & requirements are now posted.
20 May 09 - Latest e-news from Bruce.
4 Dec 08 - Bruce has sent a new e-news for December.
3 Nov 08 - Still more decals. Let's hear from you.
7 Oct 08 - See the new e-news from Bruce.
11 Sept 08 - Sept e-news from Bruce is posted below.
14 Aug 08 - E-news from Bruce with photo from Des Plaines regatta.
18 July 08 - 2008 National results. Both juniors and seniors.
10 July 08 - A new e-news from Bruce. See below. The previous two are still posted.
30 Jun 08 - Added the latest e-news from Bruce below. Left the one from the previous week since some folks have not seen it.
23 Jun 08 - Updated the e-news from Bruce. See below.
4 Jun 08 - Posted the Notice of Race for the GRYC Open Regatta.
19 May 08 - Bruce has updated the e-news. See below.
12 Apr 08 - Added the Allan Vorel business card on the Buy/Sell page.
10 Apr 08 - Posted the New Jersey Districts on the Events page.
19 Mar 08 - Added links to the 2008 nationals registration forms, maps, lodging & camping information and racing instructions on the Events page.
16 Mar 08 - See the latest e-news from Bruce. (Scroll down).
17 Feb 08 - August 9/10, 2008 are confirmed for the Des Plaines Invitational on the Events page. Thanks Mark.
10 Feb 08 - A Des Plaines member is looking for a used boat. See the Buy/Sell page
5 Feb 08 - Added a link on the Sailing Links page to "The Physics of Sailing" sent in by Randy Clore.
5Feb 08 - Posted Bruce's latest e-news and added a link to the Racing Rules forum.
30 Jan 08 - Revised the "Articles" page & added a method to search for information on this site at the bottom of the page.
19 Jan 08 - Posted the latest e-Rabble news from our editor Bruce Nowak.
17 Jan 08 - Published the minutes of the July 07 NRCA Board Meeting on the Newsletters page.
15 Jan 08 - The Notice of Race for the CLYC Dowling Regatta is available in the Events page.
3 Jan 08 - Added the Spring Meeting time and date to the Events page. Added Dave Nickels as Vice Commodore to the Contacts page. Put a link to the Sailing Magazine article on refurbishing an old Rebel on the Articles page.
2 Jan 08 - The January 2008 Rabble is available on the Newsletter page.
27 Dec 07 - Firm dates for the 2008 Grand Rapids Open are posted on the Events page. A link to Sailing Magazine has been added to the Links page. The Jan 08 issue features the Rebel as one of the boats they retrofit.
12 Dec 07 - Added E-Rabble News from editor Bruce Nowak above.
7 Dec 07 - Added 2008 regattas to the Events page.
11 Oct 07 - Posted results of the CLYC fall regatta on the Results page. Also added the Sept 07 Rabble to the Newsletters page.
1 Sept 07 - Added R1654 for sale ad and deleted "Free Rebel" ad on for Sale page.
15 Aug 07 - Posted results of the Des Plaines Invitational regatta.
2 Aug 07 - Added Al's Nationals in pictures and update "Where to Sail" and "Contacts" pages.
31 July 07 - Posted results from the 2007 Nationals and the photos on the home page.
23 July 07 - Added Sat and Sun from Bruce and Sharon Nowak.
21 July 07 - Put a link to Rules in Photos on the Photos page.
13 July 07 - Updated this home page and the photos below.
20 Jun 07 - Posted the June Rabble on the Newsletters page and added notes to the home page.
13 Jun 07 - Updated this Home page.
23 May 07 - Added the April 07 Rabble to Newsletters.
12 May 07 - Updated this Home page.
16 April 07 - Removed the sails wanted ad.
4 April 07 - Put the Jan 07 Rabble on the Newsletters page. We will put more Rabbles on the web site if there is interest. Let me know. Removed Sailors World ad and added sails wanted - see Items wanted & for sale.
25 March 07 - Put spring meeting on the home page. Corrected Karel Vorel email on the "Contacts" and "Events" pages. Added the nice buttons to the "Where to Sail" page.
5 March 07 - Updated the home page (see photo below) and deleted the Hodgson ad. Added detail about the Spring Meeting.
1 Mar 07 - Added link to NavQuest, a new marine navigation map source.
19 Feb 07 - Added the nice buttons to the Boats & Parts for Sale page and added the ad for a free Rebel from Hugh Gillespie.
24 Jan 07 - Added the note about the Nationals and the Spring Meeting.
6 Jan 07 - Added the picture below & reversed the order of What's New. Eliminated the opening graphic. Added archive for older What's New items on Contacts page.
20 Oct 06 - Added link to 2003 Nationals.
16 Oct 06 - Update Site Map with new events.
15 Oct 06 - Complete redo of Events page with added content on past Nationals.
27 Sept 06 - Added this "What's New" area.
25 Sept - Posted results of CLYC Invitational under Events
1 Feb 07 - Updated the Events page to use the nice buttons shown above and added the Des Plaines & Grand Rapids invitationals.
25 Jan 07 - The invitation for the 2007 CLYC Invitational is now posted. Thanks Patti. Ya all come.
Rebel E-Rabble Breaking News 17 Jan 08
1) Racing Rules Discussion Board. Thanks to our ever brilliant WebSkipper, Neil Robb, a fortuitous book purchase at the ODSS Symposium by me and the permission of US SAILING and David Perry we are able to bring you Dave Perry’s 100 Best Racing Rules Quizzes one or two questions at a time on our website. What we plan to do is provide you the facts as Dave wrote them and let everyone take a shot a being a member of the protest committee. After 3 weeks or so we will then post the answer given in Dave’s book for everyone to compare. Neil believes we should be ready to give it a go on February 1st. 2008 and we hope you are as excited as Neil and I are. We are also inviting everyone to submit their own situation as a quiz so that we may then discuss it as a group on line. There should (will) be a discussion forum button on our website specifically for these submissions. Finally, we are planning to update the discussion board the 1st of each month excepting our busy sailing season.
2) www.rebelsailor.com Our WebSkipper also has been very busy updating the schedule on our website. So far we have two June regattas one in Grand Rapids on the 14th and 15th followed by Rock Hall on the 21st and 22nd. Of course the Rebel Nationals are in Lake Fenton with the Junior Nationals beginning on July 13th. If tradition holds in Des Plaines then expect their regatta to occur on August 9th and 10th. Clark Lake will hold their invitational on the weekend of September 20th and 21st. The best part of using our website is that each of these locations has a hot link to it, so you can just grab the registration info and go. Most excellent!
3) July 2007 Meeting Minutes The gremlins have finally given the meeting minutes back to Karol and we have posted them on the website under ‘Newsletters’ in lieu of waiting till April to publish them in the Rabble.
4) 2008 Spring Meeting The NRCA Spring Meeting will start at 10:30 on February 23, 2008 at the Grand Rapids Yacht Club. A lunch will be available and the Commodore thinks we should be done by early afternoon.
5) Junior Photographer Sharon, Lee, Irene and I will not be at the Nationals on Sunday as Irene’s brother Al and his wife Agnes are celebrating 50 years of marriage on July 13th. The Rabble needs a volunteer to take pictures of the day’s events, especially the junior races. As we are planning to drop our boat on Saturday the 12th, we can leave our Kodak with its docking port for a prearranged pick-up. Yea, I know it’s January and July is a long ways away but it never hurts to ask early and often.
6) New Member Our newest Rebel owner Walter Foster is a long time sailor but had never heard of the Rebel. We told him that he gets a free one year membership in the NRCA. He said he is very impressed with the boat and wondered why it wasn’t a better known class? Gosh Walter, we are celebrating the 60th year of the first fiberglass one-design ever built and we will just have to do a better job of getting the word out. Welcome aboard.
7) Getting the word out. We would appreciate it if all of our fleet captains as well as anyone else with an e-mail list would forward our “Sailing News” e-mail to members of your fleets, perspective members, crews, family and friends.
8) Strictly Sail in Chicago What more can I say – it begins January 31st.
Bruce LJJ Nowak, Rebel Rabble Editor, NRCA, POB 4114, Jackson, MI 49203